Museums ??? Monuments ??? Monasteries #3
In Moria, a settlement near Mytilene, the visitor can admire the imposing stone arches of the Roman Mains – a great technological achievement of the first After Christ century – which was used to supply Mytilene with water emanating from AgiOn the head of Molyvos the castle overlooks the visitor???s eye. Built by the Byzantines, it was finally completed by the Genuates and is presently maintained in a good shape. The Archaeological Collection in Mithimna is housed in the old Municipality Hall and contains findings of the 4th B.C. and until the 6th A.C. centuries, deriving from the wider archaeological spectrum.
Sigri also has a small Castle that was built by the Turks in 1757 Eastern of Sigri lay the remnants of Ancient Antissa. The Temple of Mesa, an Aeolian worship centre where remnants of an ionic temple have been found, is open to the visitor just a few kilometres outside Kalloni. In the recent years the temple has been significantly restored and makes the visit to the site worthwhile. Near Agia Paraskevi the Paleochristian temple of Chalinados ??? the senior construction of the island ??? is also available to the visitor. Sank under the cove of the Kalloni Gulf, lies the ancient city of Pyrra